Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snow Much Fun






There's really nothing like being able to go out and play in the snow on a sunny winter day. And we did just that. While home at Sheridan for the weekend (they had much more snow than we did) we took the opportunity to enjoy the winter day. Kaleb and Madeline loved the snow fort Uncle Mike and I built for them. And, ironically, Mike and I loved it too. Kind of felt like a kid again out playing with my brother. As I reflect back on that thought, we spent countless hours outside as kids. Now as a mom, I can appreciate why my mom always told us to bundle up and get outdoors. :) It was probably the best way for her to have a break from us and enjoy some much needed quietness! And it was good for us kids to get the fresh air and sunshine. I must confess I'm really thankful that my boys will grow up having each other to play with. It makes it all the more fun to have a buddy.

GO, GO-CART
Probably the most fun was getting out the go-cart and four wheeler and pulling Kaleb and Maddy behind on the sled. My other brother Jon joined in on the fun by spinning wheelies in his Fiat. I failed to get a picture of that but trust me, it was a site to see with him spinning around, snow flying up, top off and all!



It was so pleasant out that we decided to build a fire in the fire pit out back and roast marshmallows. The kids had so much fun roasting, um I mean scorching, marshmallows :) Jaxon got in on all the fun too. I bundled him up and he enjoyed a couple hours outside in his baby jogger getting some sunshine and watching the activities. It was a really great weekend!

1 comment:

Christina said...

That looks like Soooo much fun!

fall