Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Budding Artist

I found my box of art supplies. It had been buried in the garage for over 2 years. I was going to throw my old watercolor paints away and start fresh, then decided to let Kaleb use them for art projects. It gave me great pleasure to give him his very first watercolor lesson.
I started taking lessons when I was 9. A local artist held a watercolor workshop for kids and my mom enrolled me. I loved it so much my mom decided to get me into private lessons. I'm pretty sure this is what eventually caused me to give up my love of volleyball, and my scholarship at Montana Tech, and enroll at Western to study art.
It's such a wonderful thing to know how to do, and though I haven't picked up a paintbrush seriously for many, many years (8 to be exact), I have many desires to do so. Someday when I'm short on distractions and heavy on time I will pursue it once again. And when I do, it's going to feel so good.

PAINT
WATER
BRUSH
ARTIST
SALT
SPRINKLING THE SALT
PAINTING
A MASTERPIECE

3 comments:

KT said...

I wish I would have thought to tape the paper to the table, you are one smart mama!

Tammie said...

what a wonderful experience for kaleb!

Christina said...

Oh, I love it! You are such a good mom teaching him all that cool stuff. : )

fall