Friday, March 5, 2010

Blue Nemo

I broke down. I'm not a huge fan of pets, if you consider a beta a pet. But I thought it would be fun for Kaleb to have a fish. This is as low maintenance as I could think of and I hope, for his sake, the thing lives.
While we were in Walmart today shopping with "the fish" in the cart with us (note to self, next time get the fish at the end of the shopping experience), Kaleb got extremely excited and told me it was going to "be his best pet ever." I smirked because it's his only pet ever. We talked about how he has to feed it (I'm sure I'll be feeding it after the novelty wears off) but for now he's very captivated with the idea of caring for fish.
I'm happy to say the fish made it home in one piece, but just barely. Half of the water got spilled out in the parking lot while I loaded up. After I let out a gasp, then saved fish, Kaleb got a very concerned look on his face fearing the fish had died. I assured him everything was fine and we drove home to build fish his new home.
We started brainstorming names and because he got some new big boy underwear with Nemo on them today, he was inspired to name fish Blue Nemo. So, Blue Nemo, welcome to our family.

2 comments:

KT said...

Yeah, that is too cute!! I'm pretty sure that since you have to clean the fish's water and feed it, it's considered a pet!

The Sullys said...

Love the Cute comments by Kaleb! They are adorable!

fall