Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spring Feva

Today I'm feeling a little feverish. It feels like spring this March, 4, 2012. With the thermometer sitting at a wonderful 54 degrees, I think we're all probably feeling a little feverish....and itching to be outside. Wait, what am I blogging for?
I can say this day has truly been amazing (thus far).
I made unbelievably healthy (and tasty) pancakes, and then looked outside at the sunshine. I declared it a day to put the running shoes on and hit the pavement, errr um, dirt, and take a nice run up a country road. It was absolutely freeing! I had no children weighing me down, no worries in my mind....just Miranda Lambert singing in one ear, because only one headphone works, as I ran, and ran, and ran and then got tired and walked. The entire time I was breathing in the beauty of the mountains, snow sitting majestically on top. I didn't see one person, one car, not even one living animal. It was just me in my perfect little world - sun beating down, slight breeze in my face....it was so peaceful!
Once finished I slipped on my swimming suit and dipped into my parent's hot tub for about 45 minutes (see, there's perks living next door to your parents). :) Then home to make lunch for the little people. With it being so beautiful outside Eric and I decided the kids could have a picnic so we opened up the camper and let them eat inside. They had so much fun.
I whipped up a secret weapon smoothie for lunch, clinked my glass with Eric's to better overall health (physical, spiritual, financial) and we sat drinking our lunch while the kids ate outside. (did I mention big cousin Maddy was out with them) I didn't want you thinking I was a terribly un-supervising parent.
The rest of my perfect day calls for scrap-booking for a little while and making a new soup recipe I found on a great blog. It's - iowagirleats.com - in the event you're inspired to check it out. It's also where I found the secret weapon smoothie recipe and I think you'll like it too.
Happy Sunday to you all!

No comments:

fall