Friday, September 24, 2010

"I play."

Kaleb started Hand and Hand playschool on September 7th. Tears welled up in my eyes as I realized playschool is just the beginning....and my little angel boy is becoming an independent, grown-up, not so innocent kid. As much as I want to hold onto him, the other part of me wants to let him free to spread his wings. It's a funny feeling, really. Bitter-sweet, to be exact.

Every day after playschool I ask Kaleb for a report, expecting to hear what they did in detail; activities, friend names, what they had for snack. But instead I simply get, "I played." And isn't that exactly what it should be for a 3 year old? PLAY. Let him be a kid for as long as he can because it will be too soon that he's faced with responsibility and adult stuff. Come on, don't we all long to be a kid again sometime and just.....play.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Oh! It changed from "I sat on shapes." That's good. : )

schullerfamily said...

He says that too, but after first saying "I played." he he

Tammie said...

:) i loved all the caleb sayings on the side bar. i got some good laughs, and feel like i know him a little better.

fall