Thursday, June 3, 2010

TEN is just the beginning

Ten years ago today I married my love. My wedding was so much fun, everything I could have hoped it to be. We had many, many friends and family there to celebrate with us.

When you have a big family (like I do) and a friend list of 100+ (like Eric did) you're pretty much destined to have a very large wedding. I remember talking about what kind of wedding we wanted and we decided we either had to have a very small and quaint wedding, just inviting immediate family, or have a large wedding and invite everyone. We opted for the later, to the dismay of my parents I'm sure. :)

It's hard to believe that Eric and I met the middle of January 2000, got engaged in March and married on June 3rd, 2000. One might ask what we were thinking. I can look back now and say we weren't thinking! HA We did a lot of things very quickly to get ready for the wedding, but even in haste, everything pulled together well and we pulled off a wedding and reception with 200+ guests. Another great blessing was the weather. When you're having a June 3rd wedding in Montana you just never know what to expect. We LUCKED out and had a beautiful warm, sunny day with temps around 75.

I dug into the photo archives to find some wedding pictures (remember, digital cameras were not in use). How fun it was to look back and remember my wedding day. Here's to many more years.....

Before the wedding

Getting my dress on

Eric and his groomsmen hamming it up

The wedding party

Ryan and Rachael

Till death do us part

My reception pants - part of my "3 piece ensemble" I never wore these pants at the reception because yes, I thought I looked fat in them. Oh boy, if I only knew....

Jitterbugging with my baby, FYI he is an awesome dancer! The reception was so much fun.

My grandparents cutting a rug

Gifts and more gifts

The sunset on our wedding day. What a perfect end to a perfect day!

2 comments:

Christina said...

What beautiful photos and precious memories!

Tammie said...

such a wonderful recollection. i enjoyed the photos too.

fall